Headshots and resumes may be sent to the following address:
2329 S. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Or e-mail them to email@example.com
PLAYWRIGHTS, SOLO ARTISTS and DEVISING ARTISTS
1812 is always on the lookout for new comedies and is happy to consider full-length plays, solo pieces and devised work.
Agents and Professional Recommendation
1812 accepts scripts and/or video from literary agents, theater professionals and artists with whom we have existing relationships. Please contact Producing Artistic Director, Jennifer Childs, prior to sending your materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t have an agent?
Please e-mail the following information to email@example.com.
• Synopsis of play/piece (no more than one page)
• Bio of playwright/artist
• Cast size and production/workshop history of play/piece
• The first 10 pages of your script
If you are a solo or devising artist and your piece does not have a formal “script”, please let us know if you have video available and we will contact you about sending it to us.
Similarly, if you are a playwright submitting a musical and would like to include a demo, let us know and we’ll contact you about the best way to send it to us.
Please allow two months for the review process of your script and video samples.
Some submission guidance for playwrights and artists seeking production.
• 1812’s mission is comedy. We only produce comedy and therefore do not accept submissions of drama or tragedy. That said, we have an expansive view of what comedy is, what it can do and the kinds of subjects it can tackle. We are interested in all kinds of comedy – comedy with an edge, comedy with a heart, dark comedy, slapstick comedy, farce, romantic comedy, musical comedy – you name it.
• Please no holiday themed pieces. We produce our own original work during the holiday season every year so do not have a need for anything to program during that time.
• While we are happy to accept political comedies, they are tricky for us. Each season we produce our own original political humor show entitled This Is the Week That Is. We will always consider politically themed work but most often are looking for other types of work to fill out our season and give our audience a variety of comic experiences.
Thanks for your interest in 1812!